- Use the same template to trace the maxillary and mandibular incisor and molars so as to provide consistency.
- Anatomical structures should be identified accurately in preparation for the marking of landmarks and the drawing of reference lines.
- The soft tissue outline of the facial profile is required for each tracing.
- All measurements must be recorded on the tracing and on the Case Management Form.
- The Frankfort Horizontal (FH) line is drawn on all tracings.
- Craniofacial tracings are superimposed on the anterior cranial base.
- All cephalograms, with or without a tracing overlay, must have a calibration ruler on the image.
Download: Cephalometric Tracing Reference Example
Download: Construction of the Mandibular Plane